So wats my name...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It really is fun when your boss can't pronounce your name!! You can get away from doing most of the hard work!! Australians find it fairly difficult to pronounce my name, and usually shorten it to something they can pronounce more easily. Recently, we got a new manager at the store where I work. And he just can't seem to take a crack at my name. The other day I was working in one of the aisles with a colleague, Katherine, and he comes there to ask one of use to clean up a spill. So looks at me, and goes...."Uhdi...Adyi...Umm......oh never mind! Katherine, can you clean up the spill?" Hahahaha......And this has happened a one too many times. Work has suddenly become more fun lately.....

Uni's open again, and its quite a hectic semester. I've been bombarded by assignments and weekly examinations right from the start of the semester!! On top of that I've joined the university rowing club, and they start practice at 6am in the mornings!! Which means I have to get up by 5:15 each morning, and cycle to the river side, go for practice, come back, and then head off to Uni. But what's scary about rowing is the jellyfish!! The first day of practice, we took out the boats to the river, and since it was early in the morning, we just went straight into the water and plopped the boats down. After practice, when we were getting out of the water, I saw the whole riverside was spotted with dead jellyfish!! And a glance into the water really gave me a shock. There were scores of huge jellyfish floating all around! So I asked my coach, "Do they sting?"....he scratches his head and goes "Umm...well....probably they...umm....I don't think so". Now that wasn't quite a reassuring response!

The start of the semester has been good so far....let's see how it goes...


0 Responses to “So wats my name...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




Google

About me

Blogs of Note..

The Pics Are Here

Stuff I wrote b4..

Archives

Subscribe using RSS






I know I've got talent. I'm just not too sure where the heck I put it!!!

Free Web Counter
Hit Counter