A fire...a fair...and another fire!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is just getting a bit ridiculous now. If you're been following posts from before, you'll have noticed on how many times the fire alarm went off in the student village (3 i think...), about cops chasing cars crashing into fences (read previous post) and the like. So I bet it won't take a genius to figure out what happened during my lecture on Tuesday morning. Yup..another fire alarm! And by this I was like..."not another one...!!". So in usual fashion we were all evacuated from the building with the warning sirens all jangling above the head. But it probably must have been someone's shoelace on fire or something, cuz 15 mins later were all all back to out classrooms. But I think the best line that day was "I know the fire alarm is ringing...but shud we just finish this chapter first?"




Next in line was the Career Fair. To be honest, it looked more like free shopping spree than a career fair. Each and every booth was lined with employers who had tables full of pens and chocolates and stationary and all the nitty gritty nonsense. Some were even standing outside the stalls with the freebies...luring the people in...and then dropping the one liner, "Here's something free for you....now I don't suppose u'd be interested in working here"....Well if I worked there I know what my job would be....go to other career fairs and hand out freebies...hahahah...



More pictures of the career fair are at "Career Fair 2007"

And yes...there is still another fire story!! Was at the city today, waiting for the bus, when smoke started coming out from the bin next to the bus stand. Probably someone dropped a cigarette in there or something. And literally within minutes of me sitting there, the fire department came rushing there, sirens blaring n lights flashing to put it out! *Sigh*...gotta get rid of this fire phenomenon following me everywhere. Least I know I'm safe in the city tho...


0 Responses to “A fire...a fair...and another fire!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




Google

About me

Blogs of Note..

The Pics Are Here

Stuff I wrote b4..

Archives

Subscribe using RSS






I know I've got talent. I'm just not too sure where the heck I put it!!!

Free Web Counter
Hit Counter