Of dead kangaroos and flies...
Published Saturday, February 25, 2006 by adi | E-mail this post 
I've encountered two forms of kangaroos so for. First was in a kangaroo curry! And I must say it was pretty delicious (
and not disgusting as most ppl think!). Apparently people do eat kangaroo meat here, but not that frequently. It is mostly fed to dogs as 'pet food'. But it was worth a try. The second form was dead kangaroos on the roadside. I went for a trip to the southern oz (
more about that on in the nxt blog). And on the road side I saw a couple of dead kanagroos. My friend tells me that they get hit by oncoming traffic when they decide to get to check out the two-legged idiots in cars!! But I'm yet to see one alive - hoppin' & jumpin' away!!
Next comes the flies. They are the most irritating specimens around. And they're EVERYWHERE!! You can't get from point A to point B without being chased by them. And you cant shoo them either, cuz they only seem to get more agitated, and bug you more!! The hand movement that people make while shooing away the flies from one's face is actually termed as the 'Aussie Salute'. And locals here tell me that there's no way to get rid of them. Great!! Just when I thought I'd get rid of Indian mosquitoes, I meet their brother's in Oz......
0 Responses to “Of dead kangaroos and flies...”
Leave a Reply