Why can't I eat when its only smoke???


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Normal evening. Shut my books. Headed to the loo...needed to clear the lunch and make space for dinner. I sit down comfortably, reading the weeky newsletter (trust me...dat's the best place to catch up on some readin). And then it goes....TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET...
....the noise is absolutely deafaning!! I clean up as quicky as I can, pull my pants up and rush out to the corridor...and the place is filled with smoke!! (not that much smoke tho...little less than wat ur imaginin rite now...). But enuf to set off the smoke detectors. I run into my room...pick up my wallet & cell phone (yeah...they're the essentials rite?). I swear I had this tiny inkling to pick up my laptop too...but my common sense got the better of me and I rush out to the kitchen.

And lo! My two flatmates are standing over the stove, one choppin veggies, and other cookin up somethin. I'm like..."wat the hell you guys doin? there's a fire!!". And they go..."relax. it's just smoke. We forgot to switch on the exhaust.."

I'm heading back to the loo. Got some unfinished business.

CRASH!! BANG!! The door flies open. The housing residential assists (RA's) step in...all geared up in protective clothing....screamin "Every One OUT right now!!"
My flatmate goes..."Relax. There's no fire. Plus I gotta finish cooking my dinner"

Needless to say the words that came out from the RA after that weren't exactly pleasant. 20 seconds later we were all grouped up outside in the cold, along with residents from other flats. Less than 2mins later the fire brigade comes in, lights flashing and all dat jazz.

Picture pefect moment. So pull out my phone, and start clickin away. Prob is that cell camera's don't click too well at night. Anyhow, got something out of the commotion. My Malaysian flatmate also got me to click his snap beside the fire truck so that he could give his folks back home a good scare....

Well...after a 20 min wait in the cold, we could finally all go back inside. The alarm was turned off, but still needed to be recoded or somethin. So I'm under order that I can't cook anything till the alarms are fixed. So I'm writing this (and starving) while I wait for the alarm to be reset.

What a night....

And I'm starvin....


0 Responses to “Why can't I eat when its only smoke???”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




Google

About me

Blogs of Note..

The Pics Are Here

Stuff I wrote b4..

Archives

Subscribe using RSS






I know I've got talent. I'm just not too sure where the heck I put it!!!

Free Web Counter
Hit Counter