Whr hav all da people gone? Long time passing...
Published Tuesday, August 01, 2006 by adi | E-mail this post 
U can't get past the fact that there are too many people in India. I mean....we're just having a huge party back there aren't we? And that's probably the first thing that got to me when I came here....'Where are all the people'??? But then, just like everything else, I got used to it, and it really didn't seem to matter anymore. Until yesterday...
It was just about 6:30 in the evening, and I just got off work, and on my way to the train station, and as usual I didn't meet anyone on the way. But this time there wasn't even the occassional car pass by or anything. A bus did go past, but it was completely empty. Anyho, as I got to the train station, there was no one there either. Usually there are like 2-3 people, but there wasn't a soul around today. Along came the train, and again, not a soul! Trains here usually have 3 bogey's, and they all wizzed by with no one inside, except for the driver ofcourse. I got off the train, and onto the bus back home, and again - I'm the only one in the bus!!! There have been instances before when I was the only bus passenger, but not on this bus route...there's always a few people around. And it was only 7:15pm!!!!
It was one of the strangest nights ever! I was once told that the population of Calcutta was more than the population of Australia....I didn't really belive it before....but i'm pretty certain now that its true...
0 Responses to “Whr hav all da people gone? Long time passing...”
Leave a Reply